SportsPro Live 2022 brought more than 70 experts from across the sport business industry. Below is some of the inspirational content that was seen across the two days.
Keynote: Building a challenger sportswear with Castore's Co-Founder
- How has Castore managed to grow from a premium-focused start-up to a company serving premium rights holders?
- What has been the biggest challenge in starting a brand and what learning can you share?
- What value is there for sports properties to partner with challenger brands?
Tom Beahon, CEO & Co-Founder, Castore
Keynote: From the pitch to the boardroom: Interview with the RFU’s Sue Day
In this fireside chat you’ll hear Sue discuss:
- Her personal journey in rugby, from being England captain to President of Wasps and now to be the RFU’s Chief Operating and Financial Officer and Board Member.
- Her thoughts on what will enable women’s rugby’s continued development over the coming years.
- The current challenges and opportunities facing women’s sports today
Sue Day, COO & CFO, Rugby Football Union
Fan Centric Sponsorship
- What is the definition of fan centric?
- How can brands and sports properties deliver value not only for their partnership, but also the fans?
- What do fans want from their team’s sponsors?
Todd Kline, Chief Commercial Officer, Tottenham Hotspur
Ryan Norys, Chief Revenue Officer, AS Roma
Claire Cronin, Chief Marketing Officer, McLaren Racing
Sarah Batters, Director of Marketing & Partnerships, Southampton FC
Acting on Insight: The development of cricket's The Hundred
- Taking a consumer-centric approach to format development
- How the tournament engaged and attracted a new audience to cricket.
- Why women’s cricket was a centrepiece of the new competition
- The ECB’s innovative approach to commercial partnerships
Sanjay Patel, MD, The Hundred
Beth Barrett-Wild, Head of the Womens Hundred & Female Engagement, The Hundred
Rob Calder, Commercial Director, The Hundred
Redefining the fan experience through digital
- What experiences within the fan journey can be consolidated digitally?
- How to upskill your fans to immerse themselves with new digital processes
- How can a comprehensively designed digital fan journey increase share of wallet?
George Aivazoglou, Vice President, Head of Fan Engagement & DTC – Europe and Middle East, NBA
Sponsorship with purpose
- How are societal values impacting decisions for brands and sports properties on who to partner with?
- How can these partnerships be formed to deliver authentic impact towards causes?
- How to balance marketing a consumer product with a brand message
Challenge and change: the role of the CEO in 2022
In this session Matt Rogan chats to three leading CEOs in international sport for a candid look at the realities, challenges and opportunities of leadership in 2022.
This session is timed to celebrate the launch of Matt Rogan’s SportsPro CEO Playbook 2022, a rich source of pragmatic advice for all those leading sports organisations.
Keynote: The Triple Bottom Line - SportsPro Hackathon Winners
- What was the winning idea for this year’s SportsPro Hackathon?
- How can sports have success balancing financial, environmental, and social sustainability?
- How is the next generation of sports leaders approaching the future of the industry?
Winners of the 2022 SportsPro Sustainability Hackathon
ACF Fiorentina - Linking Physical & Digital Ownership
- How does ACF Fiorentina’s NFT allows fans to digitally collect, but physically own memorabilia?
- How are Genuino integrating the metaverse into the NFT experience?
- How is blockchain technology ensuring fans can feel confident purchasing authentic memorabilia?
Gabriele Bernasconi, Co-CEO, Genuino
Eleonora Mulas, Co-CEO & Co-Founder, Genuino
Playing with Purpose: Broadcasting a Net Zero Event
- How Sky delivered #GameZero alongside Tottenham Hotspur
- Why taking a pioneering role in environmental sustainability is at the core of Sky’s strategy
- What actionable steps broadcasters & sports organisations can take to be more sustainable
Steve Smith, Executive Director, Content, Sky Sports
The Wolves Strategy to Diversifying Brand Beyond Sport
- How are Wolves looking to connect with their fans beyond sports into wider popular culture?
- How did their unique partnership with Warner Music come about and what impact has it had with growing new fans for Wolves?
- What other initiatives has Wolves taken to grow new fans domestically and internationally?
Russell Jones, General Manager, Marketing & Commercial Growth, Wolverhampton Wanderers
The Rugby League World Cup's new approach for hosting Major Events
- What are the logistical challenges to hosting 3 events within 1?
- How are the Rugby League World Cup ensuring a sustainable approach to hosting major events, as well as making sure to equally promote diversity within the tournament?
- What can destinations and event organizers apply from this approach?
Jon Dutton, CEO, Rugby League World Cup
Tracy Power, Social Impact Director, Rugby League World Cup
Entering the Metaverse with LaLiga
- What is a metaverse? And what are the applications to sports?
- What considerations were taken by LaLiga before launching their metaverse?
- What do GreenPark Sports consider best practices for building and introducing fans to a metaverse?
Tony Grillo, Chief Strategy Officer, GreenPark Sports
Digital Transformation: Volleyball World
- What was the process by which FIVB split it’s functions with Volleyball World?
- How is digital transformation impacting all elements of volleyball from elite to grassroots?
- What are the steps for undertaking a massive digital transformation?
Finn Taylor, CEO, Volleyball World
Jessica Roosli, CMO, Volleyball World